Homework is set on Wednesday and should be finished or handed in by the following Wednesday.
Homework will normally consist of:
- A list of between 10 and 20 words to learn. These will be tested on Wednesday .
- Spelling activities to help you remember your spellings and, more importantly, use them correctly in your writing will also be sent home.
- Every half term we will normally return to the Year 3/4 and 5/6 statutory spelling list to check progress against these spellings so it is always worth returning to this list.
- You are expected to read AT LEAST 4 times a week at home and record this reading in your Learning Logs. After completing a book an accelerated reading quiz should be taken in school. You will know, from chats that we have in school, whether you are able to read quietly to yourself and record your own reading, or whether it is still a good idea for an adult to oversee your reading. Whether or not you record your own reading, and adult should sign your Learning Log to show that you have completed this homework.
- You may include reading or completing a task on iHUB as one of your 4 reading at home activities, but make sure that it is record in your Learning Logs in the same way as your other reading.
- A reading task will be set for you to compete as well at some point during the week. This might be asking your opinion on the characters in your book, finding exciting and unusual adjectives and noun phrases, designing an advert to encourage others to read the book or writing some advice to the author or main character.
- It is VITAL that you know your tables and the division facts that go alongside these up to 12 x 12. These will be tested every Friday. You will know which facts you are unsure about and should focus your learning each week on these. Using ttrockstars is an ideal way to practise and activities will be set each week.
- Mathletics tasks will be set that relate to the learning we have been covering in school. There will be opportunity for you to work on these tasks in school if you struggle to get access to a computer and the internet at home. The number of tasks may vary from week to week. There are likely to be always at least 5 tasks per week, occasionally there will be more tasks set, but you would be given more weeks to complete these.