Bransty Primary School
Mona Road, Bransty, Whitehaven, Cumbria, CA28 6EG
Headteacher: Mrs Joanne Fearon Tel: 01946 63590
Part Time Temporary Teaching Assistant 0.5 (with potential for increased hours)
PCD 5 Grade: PER ANNUM PRO RATA, TERM TIME ONLY PLUS INSET DAYS
We are seeking to appoint an excellent teaching assistant, preferably with experience in an Early Years, KS1 or KS2 setting, to join our passionate and highly motivated staff team for a temporary period in the first instance (until July 20). We are looking for a driven practitioner who can add value to our team of highly dedicated teaching assistants.
The school is unique, forward thinking and always striving to improve.
The duties will include:
– supporting the teachers across Early Years, KS1 or KS2
— experience of supporting on a one to one basis with SEND needs
– you will be required to work under direction from the class teachers as well as to work independently where necessary
-you will be required to have a good clear understanding of the expectations of the primary curriculum
To be successful you must:
– have previous experience of working as a teaching assistant in a similar environment
– have previous experience of working with a primary school to support progress in learning
– have excellent numeracy and literacy skills
– have a good knowledge of SEND
– be resourceful and proactive in initiating learning, tasks and classroom management
– be keen, dynamic, patient and confident in your approach
– have a passion to work with young people and be committed to safeguarding children.
– be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team.
– be willing to commit to further SEND training to meet the needs of the children within the school
Essential qualifications: GCSE English and Maths at Grade C or above NVQ Level. Teaching Assistant Qualification.
Desirable: Have experience of or willing to train in the following functions:
- Working with children with hearing impairment / physical and medical needs / children with autism
- BSL Level 1 trained
Visits to our popular school are strongly encouraged. Please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
For an application pack please visit the school website at www.bransty.cumbria.sch.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications, which should be marked confidentially for the attention of Mrs Joanne Fearon, Headteacher, is Wednesday 9th October 2019
Interviews will be held on: Monday 14th October am or Thursday 17th October 2019 pm
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of the children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Therefore this position is subject to an enhanced DBS check, a pre medical assessment, excellent references and other recruitment vetting checks.