Statement of Intention – Music
At Bransty Primary school, Music is a greatly valued area of the curriculum.
All classes at the school have weekly Music lessons including extra drumming and guitar lessons from Yr1-Yr 6.
Our Music sessions contain exciting topics which capture the minds and inspire our pupil. Weekly sessions in all classes include: Music theory focus, rhythm practise, main topic and song of the week.
Throughout the school, pupils are taught about different periods of music, different genres of music alongside developing their skills in: performance, music theory, rhythm, listening, composition and music history.
Our Music curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils:
• Listen to music across all genres.
• Develop an understanding of musical instruments and their place in compositions.
• Learn about Music Theory and use this in compositions.
• Perform with their class and on their own (vocals and instruments).
• Compose their own pieces of Music.
• Develop their own opinions on the music they like.
• Develop knowledge around of the History of Music.